Norway, together with Denmark and Sweden, will hold air services negotiations with Pakistan 30-31 January 2014. The main purpose of these negotiations is to bring the existing agreements in line with EU and EEA law.
CAA Norway has decided to relieve limitations set forth in Safety Directive 201208342-1 and have issued Safety Directive No. 201208342-14 for AS 332 and EC 225 Helicopter Operations Over a Hostile Environment.
European Regulation Part FCL.1015(c) requires all non-Norwegian Examiners wishing to conduct Skill Test, Proficiency Check (PC) or Assessments of Competance on Norwegian licence holders to receive a Briefing from the Civil Aviation Authority - Norway and provide evidence of their privileges as examiners. The briefing is based on administrative procedures followed by a registration form from the Examiner.
The Regulation was adopted nationally awaiting the completion of the EEA-process. Regulation (EU) 1178/2011 is therefore being applied in Norway as from 7 June 2013.
The purpose of the background check is to prevent that persons who may pose a risk to aviation are given access to airports and aviation facilities, or be approved for key positions in the aviation industry. Furthermore, the requirements for background checks help ensure public confidence in civil aviation. If you have any questions regarding your application for a background check, you can find answers to your questions here. You will also find the forms you need when you apply for a background check.
On 1 August 2011 the CAA Norway launched its new website. Our English pages will continuously be updated and new pages published in the forthcoming days and weeks.
- Operational Directive: Operation to and from airfields north of 65º latitude – Compass system limitations due to magnetic inclination/dip
- Establishment of a temporary restricted area EN R190 over Kongsvinger in connection with Rally Sweden 2014
- Etablering av midlertidig restriksjonsområde EN R190 over området rundt Kongsvinger i forbindelse med Rally Sweden 2014
- Controlled Airspace in the Ekofisk and Balder offshore areas based on ADS-B.
- Kontrollert luftrom i Ekofisk og Balder offshore-områder basert på ADS-B
The phone is manned 24/7 365 days a year
The CAA Norway has updated its VFR Guide. The booklet is made to assist you as a VFR pilot in your planning and conduct of flight within Norwegian airspace. Here you can download it for free.