Norway, together with Denmark and Sweden, will hold air services negotiations with Pakistan 30-31 January 2014. The main purpose of these negotiations is to bring the existing agreements in line with EU and EEA law.
CAA Norway has decided to relieve limitations set forth in Safety Directive 201208342-1 and have issued Safety Directive No. 201208342-14 for AS 332 and EC 225 Helicopter Operations Over a Hostile Environment.
Temporary Ratings and Temporary Permission
In accordance with Commission Regulation (EU) No 1178/2011 and Commission Regulation (EU) 290/2012, both amended by Commission Regulation (EU) No 245/2014, EASA has published a document named Examiner Differences Document. In this document you will find the administrative procedures that examiners must comply with. The procedures are related to amendments to FCL.1015, FCL.1030 and the new ARA.FCL.210 requirements. The Examiner Differences Document is a common document valid for all Member States.
The Regulation was adopted nationally awaiting the completion of the EEA-process. Regulation (EU) 1178/2011 is therefore being applied in Norway as from 7 June 2013.
The purpose of the background check is to prevent that persons who may pose a risk to aviation are given access to airports and aviation facilities, or be approved for key positions in the aviation industry. Furthermore, the requirements for background checks help ensure public confidence in civil aviation. If you have any questions regarding your application for a background check, you can find answers to your questions here. You will also find the forms you need when you apply for a background check.
On 1 August 2011 the CAA Norway launched its new website. Our English pages will continuously be updated and new pages published in the forthcoming days and weeks.
- AIC-I Kontrolliste / Checklist
- Establishment of temporary restricted areas: EN R172 over Ila fengsel og forvaringsanstalt, EN R173 over Telemark fengsel, Skien avdeling and EN R174 over Ringerike fengsel
- Forlengelse av midlertidige restriksjonsområder:EN R172 ved Ila fengsel og forvaringsanstalt, EN R173 ved Telemark fengsel, Skien avdeling og EN R174 ved Ringerike fengsel
- Operational Directive: Operation to and from airfields north of 65º latitude – Compass system limitations due to magnetic inclination/dip
- Controlled Airspace in the Ekofisk and Balder offshore areas based on ADS-B.
The phone is manned 24/7 365 days a year
The CAA Norway has updated its VFR Guide. The booklet is made to assist you as a VFR pilot in your planning and conduct of flight within Norwegian airspace. Here you can download it for free.